About Reiki in Galway
My name is Dolores Andrew-Gavin, Owner of Celtic Soul Essence. I have been practising Reiki for the past 9 years. I am based in Knocknacarra 7 minutes by car from Salthill on the West side of Galway City.
I am also a Certified Medical Reiki Master having trained in Glastsonbury with Raven Keyes, Founder Medical Reiki International
If you would like to know more about Medical Reiki you can check out an interview I did with Raven Keyes as part of the Emotional and Mental Health Summit I ran in May 2019.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a hands on healing therapy that supports us to manage our stress by lifting our mood thereby improving our confidence and self esteem. Reiki helps us lift off old patterns by removing stagnant energy from our energy body.
Reiki is a key to health.
Why I practice Reiki
We live in such a busy world being more connected on line than we have ever been but, with many people feeling more disconnected than they ever have from others and most importantly from themselves.
I have found that my Reiki sessions offer a safe space for people to re-connect back with themselves and support them with their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing. Reiki does this by shifting blockages of energy that can build up in a person’s energy body. And it is important to note that any of us can have energy blocks and that can be caused by several reasons;
- Feeling anxious about our life.
- Holding onto fear, sadness or any other emotion that holds us stuck in a past event. We don’t have to remember what the original block was or why we held onto it, we just want to hold the intention to let it go. We develop beliefs around ourselves when we are young and these beliefs are tied up with emotions e.g. we may have been ridiculed for standing up in class and vowed to never again feel the shame we felt. So we hold onto this story and the shame in our energy body until we let it go. Energy work like Reiki support us in releasing these past stories and the energy and emotions around them.
- Feeling stressed about our life whether that be a relationship, family issue or work matter.
- We may have a physical injury and worry about how we will cope.
- We may be undergoing treatment for a medical issue and hold onto fear around the outcome for us.
No matter what our life situation is Reiki can support our health and wellbeing.
What happens during a Reiki session?
During a Reiki session I work with the chakras of a person’s body to see where a client most needs to release stress from their body.
During a session energy flows where it is needed anyway. For example a symptom of a headache may direct me to where the source of the headache is coming from e.g. if a person is holding a lot of stress in a certain part of their body it may manifest as a headache.
Exercise to Work with Energy?
If you are a complete novice to energy work here is a simple exercise to allow you experience energy for yourself.
1. Raise your hands in front of your face with your palms facing each other and about a foot apart.
2. Slowly push the palms towards each other until they are about 6 inches apart, then bring the palms back to their original position.
3. Repeat this several times until you can feel the build up of energy between your palms. When you are trying to bring your palms together you should feel some sort of resistance from the energy between your hands.
See you are an energist after all!
You can be a complete novice with energy work to start on a path of Reiki and you may just have a desire to improve your life in all areas. It is with practice that we get more in tune with both ourselves and our clients. We learn to trust ourselves and to work more intuitively, again intuition is something we all have and need to just trust and believe this. It is also good to know if you are a complete beginner that there is nothing you can do wrong in a Reiki session so long as your intention is pure and for the highest good of the client!
How to Book a Reiki Session with me
A Reiki session will typically last around 50 minutes, please leave an hour for the duration of the complete session. I am based in Knocknacarra, Salthill, Galway.
If you want to check availability or have any questions please do get in touch via the contact form below.